How to Get Your
Certify for Medical Card in New York
To qualify for a medical cannabis card in the state of New York, you need a physician’s written certification form.
With our telemedicine portal, it has never been easier to qualify for your medical card. Simply make a convenient appointment to meet with one of our licensed New York medical card doctors online.
At the end of your virtual visit, you get a completed Physician’s Certification and instructions on how to submit your application.
It’s easy to get access to medical card in New York with Green Mind. If you have your doctor’s note, you can get into a dispensary today!
Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR MEDICAL CARD IN NEW YORK
Step 2 : Meet Your Doctor
- Attend your appointment through a secure link to our HIPAA safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a certified MMJ doctor
- Learn about medical treatment
Ready to Talk to a Doctor?
Step 3 : Receive Your Certification
- After your appointment, you’ll be emailed a pdf and some information!
- Review your certification and let us know if any changes need to be made.
- Submit Your New York Application to the state using their website. You’ll be sent a plastic patient card in a few business days!
Step 4: Get Your Medical Card
- In New York, you can usually print your medical card on the same day you get your doctor’s note
Schedule Your New York Medical Card Appointment Today!
Benefits of Getting a New York Medical Card
- Save on medication. Being a medical card patient helps you save money in taxes. In New York the difference is substantial- well over 20% in many places.
- Job security for patients
- Almost any medical condition qualifies for medical card in New York
- Improved access to products. Order online, and cut the line
- Be a resident of the State of New York at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program;
- Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition;
- Have a signed physician certification
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have a valid and unexpired New York state driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or firefighter.
It’s just $125 for a New Patient Medical Card evaluation!
If you’re a newer patient, it’s a great opportunity to follow up with a knowledgeable provider.
If you’re renewing, we charge $99 for renewal appointments in New York.
If you have proof of limited income (such as SNAP, Medicaid, or unemployment benefits, let us know! Email us at email@example.com) and we’ll try to work with you on the price.
There’s no longer a cost to register with the state of New York!
Importantly, New York is a discretionary state. Doctors can allow access to card for almost any medical condition. Here is a complete list from the New York Medical Cannabis Use’s Website.
- Any medical condition, at the discretion of your health care provider
- HIV infection or AIDS
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- multiple sclerosis
- spinal cord injury with spasticity
- inflammatory bowel disease
- Huntington’s disease
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- pain that degrades health and functional capability as an alternative to opioid use
- substance use disorder
- muscular dystrophy
- rheumatoid arthritis
- You will receive your written certification from your New York doctor within 1 business day (although in general its just a few hours).
No- you can’t cross state lines or travel with products. Being a medical patient doesn’t change that!
Unfortunately not! It’s still not legal to grow plants in New York
In New York, you need to be certified by a doctor yearly.
Get in touch with our team before you renew! Email us at greenmindphysicians@Gmail.com and we’ll create a coupon code that makes it cheaper for you to renew.
In New York, any certified MMJ patient can designate up to five caregivers to help them with purchasing and administering medicine. A person can be designated as a caregiver if they are 21 or older, are a resident of New York, and are not the medical practitioner that certified the patient.
A caregiver can register with New York once the patient’s application is approved by the state. A caregiver is not allowed to assume their duties until they receive their approval and Registry ID card from the state.