How to Get Your
Medical Marijuana Card
Certify for Medical Marijuana in Illinois
To qualify for a medical cannabis card in the state of Illinois, you need a health care provider’s certification.
With our telemedicine portal, it is easy to qualify for your medical card. Make a convenient appointment with one of our licensed Illinois medical marijuana doctors online. We have certified thousands of patients through the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) and the Illinois Medical Cannabis Patient Program (MCPP).
It’s very easy to get certified in Illinois with Green Mind. Most people become patients by the end of the day!
Appointments start at $120. If you have limited income or would like financial assistance, drop us a line! Included in your appointment you’ll receive help with your application and life-time marijuana support. Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR ILLINOIS MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
Ready to Talk to a Doctor?
Step 2 : Meet Your Doctor
- Login to wifi or using your phone’s cellular connection to your appointment on our HIPAA-safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a certified MMJ doctor
- Learn about medical marijuana treatment
Step 3 : Receive Your Certification
- After your appointment, a certification will be created by your provider and added directly to the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) website
- You will create an Illinois application and submit it to the state
Step 4: Get Your Medical Card
- Usually, you’ll get your ‘provisional’ or temporary Illinois medical marijuana card on the same day you submit your application!
- Both your temporary and permanent medical cards are digital. There’s no plastic card in Illinois anymore.
- Receive lifetime marijuana support from Green Mind!
Benefits of Getting an Illinois Medical Marijuana Card
- Save on medication. Marijuana is expensive in Illinois. Being a medical marijuana patient helps you save money in taxes- in Illinois, the difference is huge. It’s around 35-40% in savings in some places.
- Job security for marijuana users
- Improved access to marijuana products. Products like CBD-rich edibles, RSO, or topical products are always easier to find on the medical side
- Order online, and cut the line
- Grow your own medication!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Illinois Medical Marijuana Program
- A government-issued ID like a driver’s license, state ID card or passport
- Proof of Illinois residency
- A qualifying medical condition (read more below)
- A health care provider certification (that’s what we give you!)
- A phone or digital device for your telemedicine appointment
- $140 for a New Patient Medical Marijuana evaluation. You will also receive lifetime marijuana support from us, including free follow-up consultation.
- If you have proof of limited income, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or unemployment, let us know!
- Optional $40 paperwork assistance. Have us fill out your entire application for you, so all you have to do is click to submit!
- $120 for all Renewing Medical Marijuana Patients
- After your appointment, you will apply to Illinois Medical Cannabis Patient Program.
- They charge $50/$100/$125 for a 1-, 2- or 3- year certification, though some discounts may apply with proof of financial hardship. This makes the cost $25/$50/$75 for 1-, 2- or 3- years
- As soon as a completed application is received, the state of Illinois will issue provisional medical card. It usually comes within half an hour or so!
- A ‘permanent’ card is usually issued within a month.
- Both cards are digital, so most patients keep a picture of it on their phone or print it out and laminate it.
Yes! The Illinois Department of Public Health says “examinations for Medical Cannabis Certification completion may be done by telemedicine until further notice. In-person appointments will not be required.”
Common qualifying conditions in Illinois include chronic pain, PTSD and migraines. Here is a complete list from the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act:
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Anorexia nervosa
- Arnold-Chiari malformation
- Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- Chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
- CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome Type II)
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Fibrous Dysplasia
- Hepatitis C
- Interstitial cystitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nail-patella syndrome
- Neuro-Bechet’s autoimmune disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Residual limb pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Seizures (including those characteristic of Epilepsy)
- Severe fibromyalgia
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Spinal cord disease (including but not limited to arachnoiditis)
- Spinal cord injury is damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Spinocerebellar ataxia
- Superior canal dehiscence syndrome
- Tarlov cysts
- Tourette syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury
- Ulcerative colitis
Yes, you can grow up to five marijuana plants.
Yes, you can apply to have a caregiver- in Illinois they are called ‘designated caregivers.’ This is someone that can purchase marijuana from a medical dispensary on the patient’s behalf.
Caregivers are assigned during your application- you will have to provide your caregiver’s information, ID, passport-style photo and a caregiver attestation.
Your allotment is the amount of marijuana you can purchase as a medical patient in Illinois in a two-week period.
Illinois has a rather strange system where marijuana is converted into ounces of raw flower product. You have access to 2.5 oz of marijuana in a 14 day period. Products like concentrates and edibles use more marijuana to make- they count more towards your allotment.
We offer allotment increases for a price. Email us at email@example.com to discuss!
Illinois is our first state and still our favorite to work in. It also has a super-annoying application website- we’ve certified around 5000 patients in Illinois and are experts at getting patients registered.
We offer professional finishing assistance for your application- for $40, we’ll finish the whole thing, so you just have to click to submit.
We’re also incredibly devoted to our patients. We’ve spent time on the phone with the state, updated registrations and strongly advocate for all of our clients. Check out our reviews and read about us on reddit!