How to Get Your
Medical Marijuana Card
Certify for Medical Marijuana in Louisiana
To qualify for a medical cannabis card in Louisiana, you need a physician certification form.
With our telemedicine portal, it has never been easier to qualify for your medical card. Simply make a convenient appointment to meet with one of our licensed Louisiana medical marijuana doctors online.
At the end of your virtual visit, you get a completed Physician’s Certification and instructions on how to submit your application.
Patient evaluations start at $99. Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CERTIFICATION IN LOUISIANA
Step 1 : Get Ready
- Make your appointment
- Take a picture of your ID
- Look online to see which dispensary you want to receive medication from! Your doctor will send your information to your dispensary of choice after your appointment
Ready to Talk to a Doctor?
Step 2 : Meet Your Doctor
- Login to wifi using your smartphone or other electronic device. Attend your appointment using our HIPAA safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a certified MMJ doctor
- Learn about medical marijuana treatment
Step 3 : Receive Your Certification
- After your appointment, we’ll send your completed certification to the dispensary of your choice
- We’ll work with you and the dispensary to make sure that you’re successfully registered!
Step 4: Visit a Dispensary
- After receiving your faxed or emailed physician certification form, your dispensary will contact you by email or phone
- You’re good to go at this point- you’ll be registered with the dispensary and can shop as a medical patient
- Receive lifetime marijuana support from Green Mind!
Schedule Your Appointment
Benefits of Getting a Louisiana Medical Marijuana Card
- Louisiana has no recreational program. Having a medical card is the only legal way to use marijuana in Louisiana
- Job security for marijuana users
- Grow your own medication
- Improved selection of edible products, topical products and other marijuana products
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Louisiana Medical Marijuana Program
18 years of age or older (minors will need to submit a birth certificate and documentation of legal guardianship)
Faxed-in recommendation from a physician, to your dispensary of choice, for marijuana use (that’s what we give you!)
Proof of Louisiana residency such as a Louisiana driver’s license or state-issued ID
A phone or electronic device for your telemedicine appointment
$125 for a New Patient Medical Marijuana evaluation
$99 for a Renewing Patient Medical Marijuana Evaluation
We will take care of your documentation and ensure you’re properly registered with the dispensary of your choice
If you have proof of low income (such as Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP or unemployment) let us know! We can usually work with you on the price. Email us at email@example.com
In Louisiana, there isn’t a separate state program to register with. Your doctor will fax your paperwork directly to your dispensary, and you’ll be able to start shopping once that step is complete
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Cachexia or wasting syndromeCancer
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hospice or palliative care
- Huntington’s Disease
- Intractable Pain
- Lewy-body dementia
- Motor-neuron disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Non-Epileptic Seizures
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seizure disorders
- Severe muscle spasm
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Traumatic brain injury
Yes! The entire application process, from seeing your marijuana doctor to applying for your cannabis card, can be completed online.
Patients have to see a doctor once a year in Louisiana to continue being medical marijuana patients.
Luckily, we charge a lower price for renewals! We will keep you in the system for a low cost.
Unfortunately not. Louisiana laws do not yet allow for home grow, even for medical patients
Louisiana medical patients may purchase up to 2 ½ ounces, which is 71 grams, of raw or crude cannabis every two weeks. Your physician may be able to change the amount you receive on the physician’s certification note you receive.
Not yet- Louisiana law doesn’t allow for this yet.