How to Get Your
Medical Marijuana Card
Certify for Medical Marijuana in Louisiana
To qualify for a medical cannabis card in Louisiana, you need a physician certification form.
With our telemedicine portal, it has never been easier to qualify for your medical card. Simply make a convenient appointment to meet with one of our licensed Louisiana medical marijuana doctors online.
At the end of your virtual visit, you get a completed Physician’s Certification and instructions on how to submit your application.
Patient evaluations start at $99. Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CERTIFICATION IN LOUISIANA
Ready to Talk to a Doctor?
Step 2 : Meet Your Doctor
- Login to wifi using your smartphone or other electronic device. Attend your appointment using our HIPAA safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a certified MMJ doctor
- Learn about medical marijuana treatment
Step 3 : Receive Your Certification
- After your appointment, you’ll be emailed a pdf and some information. We’ll also send your completed certification to the dispensary of your choice
- Review your certification and let us know if any changes need to be made
- We’ll work with you and the dispensary to make sure that you’re successfully registered
Step 4: Visit a Dispensary
- After receiving your faxed or emailed physician certification form, the dispensary you’ve selected will contact you by email or phone
- You’re good to go at this point- you’ll be registered with the dispensary and can shop as a medical patient
- Receive lifetime marijuana support from Green Mind!
Benefits of Getting a Louisiana Medical Marijuana Card
- Louisiana has no recreational program. Having a medical card is the only legal way to use marijuana in Louisiana
- Job security for marijuana users
- Grow your own medication
- Improved selection of edible products, topical products and other marijuana products
18 years of age or older (minors will need to submit a birth certificate and documentation of legal guardianship)
Faxed-in recommendation from a physician, to your dispensary of choice, for marijuana use (that’s what we give you!)
Proof of Louisiana residency such as a Louisiana driver’s license or state-issued ID
A phone or electronic device for your telemedicine appointment
$125 for a New Patient Medical Marijuana evaluation
$99 for a Renewing Patient Medical Marijuana Evaluation
We will take care of your documentation and ensure you’re properly registered with the dispensary of your choice
If you have proof of low income (such as Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP or unemployment) let us know! We can usually work with you on the price. Email us at email@example.com
In Louisiana, there isn’t a separate state program to register with. Your doctor will fax your paperwork directly to your dispensary, and you’ll be able to start shopping once that step is complete
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Cachexia or wasting syndromeCancer
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hospice or palliative care
- Huntington’s Disease
- Intractable Pain
- Lewy-body dementia
- Motor-neuron disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Non-Epileptic Seizures
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seizure disorders
- Severe muscle spasm
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Traumatic brain injury
Yes! The entire application process, from seeing your marijuana doctor to applying for your cannabis card, can be completed online.
Patients have to see a doctor once a year in Louisiana to continue being medical marijuana patients.
Luckily, we charge a lower price for renewals! We will keep you in the system for a low cost.
Unfortunately not. Louisiana laws do not yet allow for home grow, even for medical patients
Louisiana medical patients may purchase up to 2 ½ ounces, which is 71 grams, of raw or crude cannabis every two weeks. Your physician may be able to change the amount you receive on the physician’s certification note you receive.
Not yet- Louisiana law doesn’t allow for this yet.
About Medical Marijuana in Louisiana
There is a short- and long-version to Louisiana’s medical cannabis laws. The short story begins in 2015, when then-Governor Bobby Jindal signed two laws–enacting decriminalization and medical cannabis laws on the same day, June 30.
It took Louisiana over four years to go from passing the law to beginning sales, with the first made on August 6, 2019.
Others will tell you that Louisiana’s history is much deeper, extending back to 1978 when the first bill introduced aimed to qualify patients with glaucoma or cancer patients going through chemotherapy. While the bill passed, reports claim that the state never seriously followed through with its program.
Then, in 1991, a second bill passed, qualifying patients with spastic quadriplegia for the program. In 1994, the state health department put through recommended rules for physicians after the deadline for rules had passed. In 2014, another medical bill to establish the state’s framework failed to pass. However, legislation passed in 2015, leading to sales in 2019.