How to Get Your
Medical Marijuana Card
Certify for Medical Marijuana in Maryland
To qualify for a medical marijuana card in Maryland state, you need a valid certification from a registered provider.
With our telemedicine portal, it has never been easier to qualify for your medical card. Simply make a convenient appointment to meet with one of our licensed Maryland medical marijuana doctors online. We have certified thousands of patients through the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
It’s easy to get a medical card with Green Mind. If you have an MMCC number, we can get you into a dispensary on the same day!
At the end of your virtual visit, you get a medical provider’s certification that will allow you to purchase medical marijuana.
Prices start at $99. Included in your appointment you’ll receive life-time marijuana support. Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR MARYLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
Step 2 : Meet Your Doctor
- Login to wifi or using your phone’s cellular connection to your appointment on our HIPAA-safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a doctor registered with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC)
- Learn about medical marijuana treatment
Step 3 : Register With the State
- After your appointment, your provider will use your MMCC number to complete your registration with the state
Step 4: Visit a Dispensary
- After your number is registered, you’ll be able to shop at a dispensary. Usually it can be done on the same day!
- You will eventually receive a plastic patient card from the state
- Receive lifetime marijuana support from Green Mind!
Get Your Maryland Medical Marijuana Card Today
Benefits of Getting a Maryland Medical Marijuana Card
- It’s the only legal way to use marijuana in Maryland.
- Job security for marijuana users
- Improved access to marijuana products. Order online, and cut the line
- Grow your own medication
- Recreational cannabis will not be around in Maryland until at least 2024
- A valid government-issued ID
- An MMCC number obtained from the state of Maryland. This can be obtained after your appointment as well!
- A Maryland address and proof of residency (required to get an MMCC number)
- A health care provider’s registration for your MMCC number (that’s what we give you!)
- A phone or electronic device for your telemedicine appointment
It’s just $99 for Renewing patients in Maryland! For new patients, we charge $125.
You’ll also receive lifetime marijuana-related support from us. If you’re a newer patient, it’s a great opportunity to follow up with a knowledgeable provider.
If you have proof of limited income (such as SNAP, Medicaid, or unemployment benefits, let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll try to work with you on the price.
It costs $50 to obtain an MMCC number with the state.
Maryland is a discretionary state. That means a doctor can choose to give marijuana access for any condition, provided that other treatments have been ineffective. In Maryland, a wide range of medical conditions may qualify a patient for marijuana treatment, including:
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- A chronic medical condition which is severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective.
- If you have an MMCC number already, we can get you into a dispensary in 15 minutes!
- If you need to apply for an MMCC number, that can take 2 weeks. Once we get it…15 minutes!
No- you can’t cross state lines or travel with marijuana products. Being a medical patient doesn’t change that!
Unfortunately not. Maryland offers no protection for people growing marijuana plants, even if they’re patients. It’s still illegal!
Yes. Caregivers are individuals that help Maryland medical marijuana patients obtain medication from dispensaries.
Caregivers register through Maryland OneStop, the same online portal that patients register through. The requirements are the same- a passport style photo, valid government-issued ID, and social security number. It costs $50 to become a caregiver.
About Medical Marijuana in Maryland
Medical cannabis was legalized in Maryland in 2013 by state law, but the Natalie M. LaPrade Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission didn’t become fully operational until December 2017.
Governor Martin O’Malley decriminalized possession of 10 grams or less in 2014. Such a possession charge is now equivalent to a traffic ticket with a $100 fine for first-time offenses and $250 for the second offense. All violations after that are a $500 fine, but it’s doubtful that many people face this problem because it’s so simple to get a medical marijuana card in Maryland. Marijuana paraphernalia is also decriminalized.
Efforts are underway to put a recreational legalization initiative on the ballot in 2022. The Maryland House of Delegates formed a bipartisan workgroup to develop the proposed legislation. If you support the legalization of recreational cannabis in Maryland, you can contact your legislator and let them know you support legalization efforts in the state.