How to Get Your
Medical Marijuana Card
Get Your Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card Online
To qualify for a medical marijuana card in the state of Pennsylvania, you need to see a medical marijuana doctor. Green Mind makes it easy and convenient- most people get certified in 15 minutes!
At the end of your virtual visit, we will help you get registered with the state and you’ll be allowed to purchase medical marijuana at a dispensary.
Get certified with the best rated medical marijuana doctors in Pennsylvania!
Appointments start at $99. Included in your appointment you’ll receive life-time marijuana support. Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR PENNSYLVANIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
Step 2 : Meet Your Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Doctor
- Login to wifi or using your phone’s cellular connection to your appointment on our HIPAA-safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a licensed MMJ doctor
- Learn about medical marijuana treatment
Step 4: Visit a Dispensary
- Once you receive your medical card, you can visit a dispensary in Pennsylvania as a medical patient!
- As one of our patients, you will receive lifetime medical marijuana support from Green Mind! Drop us a line if you ever have any questions about marijuana treatment
Get Your Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card Today
Benefits of Getting a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card
- It’s the only legal way to use marijuana in Pennsylvania
- Job security for marijuana users
- Improved access to marijuana products. Order online, and cut the line
- Grow your own medication
- Recreational cannabis will not be around in Pennsylvania for many years
- A valid government-issued ID
- Age over 18
- A Virginia address (required for paperwork)
- Valid certification from a registered provider for marijuana use (that’s what we give you!)
- A phone or electronic device for your telemedicine appointment
It’s just $125 for a New Patient Medical Marijuana evaluation! If you’re renewing, we charge $99 for renewal appointments in Pennsylvania.
You’ll also receive lifetime marijuana-related support from us. If you’re a newer patient, it’s a great opportunity to follow up with a knowledgeable provider.
If you have proof of limited income (such as SNAP, Medicaid, or unemployment benefits, let us know! Email us at email@example.com) and we’ll try to work with you on the price.
It costs $50 to complete the paperwork process with the state to print your medical marijuana card.
In Pennsylvania, a wide range of medical conditions may qualify a patient for marijuana treatment, including:
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Terminal illness with a medical prognosis of life expectancy of approximately one year or less if the illness runs its normal course
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective
- Sickle cell anemia
- Dyskinetic and Spastic Movement Disorders
- Addiction substitute therapy (opioid reduction)
- Neurogenerative Diseases
- Anxiety Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
You can usually finish the registration process with the state in 15 minutes after your doctor submits their part of the registration. After you complete your part, it takes the state a few days to mail you your medical card. There isn’t a temporary medical card in Pennsylvania.
No- you can’t cross state lines or travel with marijuana products. Being a medical patient doesn’t change that!
Unfortunately not. Home grow was not part of the Pennsylvania legalization bill, and there’s still no legal protection for growing marijuana.
About Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania passed medical cannabis laws in 2016 when it was signed into law by Governor Tom Wolf. The bill called for non-smokable cannabis products to be sold by state-licensed operators.
The marketplace began in February 2018.
On August 1, 2018, the state began allowing the sale of cannabis flower after receiving overwhelming feedback from patients. However, the smoking of flower remains illegal. Instead, patients use a device called a dry herb vaporizer to inhale gently heated vapor from the flower.
In short order, the state’s medical cannabis market is regarded as one of the shining examples of America’s marketplaces. Patients, by and large, approved the program while sales projections before the launch saw the state becoming a top earner.
How to Become a Medical Cannabis Patient in Pennsylvania
You begin your medical cannabis application process by registering with Pennsylvania’s Medical Marijuana Registry. Once you provide the needed information, the next step is receiving certification by an approved physician if you have one of the approved qualifying conditions. You can find a complete list of Pennsylvania’s qualifying conditions in the FAQ section below.
After receiving approval, you will pay for a first-time registration. A different renewal process follows this the following years. The state will inform applicants via email 30 days prior to their expiration with directions on how to renew online.