How to Get Your
Medical Card Certification
Certify for Medical Card in Virginia
To qualify for a medical card in Virginia state, you need a valid certification from a registered provider.
With our telemedicine portal, it has never been easier to qualify for your medical card. Simply make a convenient appointment to meet with one of our licensed Virginia medical card doctors online. Login for your appointment and get access to a dispensary on the same day!
At the end of your virtual visit, you get a medical provider’s certification that will allow you to get medical card.
Patient evaluations start at $125. Best of all…
Get approved or your money back!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR VIRGINIA MEDICAL CARD CERTIFICATION
Step 1 : Get Ready
Ready to Talk to a Doctor?
Step 2 : Meet Your Doctor
- Login to wifi or using your phone’s cellular connection to your appointment on our HIPAA-safe platform
- Discuss your health issues with a provider registered with the medical program in Virginia
- Learn about medical treatment
Step 3 : Receive Your Certification
- After your appointment, you’ll be emailed a pdf and some information!
- Review your certification and let us know if any changes need to be made. We will work with you to make sure the job is done correctly.
Step 4: Visit a Dispensary
- In Virginia, patients no longer need a lengthy registration process to access a dispensary.
- You will be able to visit a dispensary using your printed-out certification and your state-issued ID
Benefits of Getting a Virginia Medical Card
- Save on medication. Being a medical card patient helps you save money in taxes
- Job security for patients
- Improved access to products. Order online, and cut the line
- Grow your own medication
- Recreational cannabis will not be around in Virginia until 2024. A medical card is the only legal way to use treatment in Virginia
- A valid government-issued ID
- Age over 18
- A Virginia address (required for paperwork)
- Valid certification from a registered provider for medical card certification (that’s what we give you!)
- A phone or electronic device for your telemedicine appointment
It’s just $125 for a New Patient Medical evaluation!
If you’re a newer patient, it’s a great opportunity to follow up with a knowledgeable provider.
If you’re renewing, we charge $99 for renewal appointments in Virginia.
If you have proof of limited income (such as SNAP, Medicaid, or unemployment benefits, let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll try to work with you on the price.
There’s no longer a cost to register with the state of Virginia!
In Virginia, a wide range of medical conditions may qualify a patient for treatment, including:
- Chronic Pain that does not respond to traditional treatments, or where opioids may be used.
- Crohn’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – moderate to severe
- Technically, a physician may be able to recommend cannabis for any condition they deem suitable!
- You will typically receive your written certification from your Virginia doctor within 1 business day. As of July 1, 2022, Virginia doesn’t have an application process. Taking your doctor certification and ID to a dispensary will allow you to shop!
- There is an optional process to obtain a plastic registry card from the state. You apply here.
No- you can’t cross state lines or travel with products. Being a medical patient doesn’t change that!
You can grow up to four marijuana plants, even without a medical card. Getting your medical card doesn’t change the number of plants you’re legally allowed to grow.